The objectives of the project are:
1. Prepare an Electoral Roll with photographs to facilitate the holding of national (9th Parliamentary Election) and local elections.
2. Establish ICT infrastructure at the Central, District, Upazila and field data collection team levels to facilitate the data collection, verification and ongoing data management processes.
3. Create public awareness of the requirements for voter registration including attendance at the registration centers.
4. Facilitate the process of issuance and management of National ID card by appropriate authorities.
5. Facilitate the advancement of e-governance in Bangladesh through development of skills and sharing/distribution of ICT equipment following the completion of data collection for electoral roll.