The objectives of the project are:
- Prepare an Electoral Roll with photographs to facilitate the holding of national (9th Parliamentary Election) and local elections.
- Establish ICT infrastructure at the Central, District, Upazila and field data collection team levels to facilitate the data collection, verification and ongoing data management processes.
- Create public awareness of the requirements for voter registration including attendance at the registration centers.
- Facilitate the process of issuance and management of National ID card by appropriate authorities.
- Facilitate the advancement of e-governance in Bangladesh through development of skills and sharing/distribution of ICT equipment following the completion of data collection for electoral roll.